JEDict is Japanese kanji and word searching application.
The following features are supported:
- Kanji and word search by Japanese reading or English translation
- Handwritten recognition of all 6355 kanji
- Kanji search by graphemes
- Japanese optical character recognition
- Word by word translation
- Japanese kanji stroke order with kanji vector graphics
Free version limitation
- Dictionary search returns 6 results.
- OCR recognition is limited by 30 characters.
- Word by word translation is limited by 30 characters.
- Search is performed only in EDICT, no extra dictionaries are available.
To remove these limitations buy Pro version.
EDICT and KANJIDIC dictionaries are under copyrights of The Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group at Monash University
and used in accordance with the licence statement http://www.edrdg.org/edrdg/licence.html
Different Japanese proper name lists are compiled from ENAMDICT and different free web sources.
Kanji graphical representation database derived from KanjiVG project is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0) license.
Kanji optical recognition is based on Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine in compliance with
the http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 license.
MeCab open-source text segmentation library is used in compliance with the GNU General Public License.