- Kanji examples from UserDict
- Minor fixes
- Fixed indexing of expamples file
- Preview in Install Dictionary dialog
- Fixed encoding autodetect procedure
- New playable JLPT lists provided by www.PlaySay.com
- Updated French localization
- Dictionary server for iPhone
- Fixed Japanese input
- New result list layout
- Monitored dictionary folder content
- Multiple user dictionaries
- HanDeDict support
- Fixed search of kana words in kanjidic
- Fixed stroke order animation for three kanji
- Fixed column sorting order for user dictionary
- Improved file viewer
- Stroke order animation
- Fixed layout of GUI elements
- Dictionary file viewer
- French and Russian localizations
- JEDict main window title includes title of active tab
- Automatic WadokuJT convertion into SJIS
- Fixed dictionary re-arranging
- Fixed kanji list sorting
- Fixed Save As webarchive option
- fixed tab switcher in Leopard
- Expandable WAJIRO links
- All EPWING gaiji are supported
- Fixed RTF and RTFD file opening
- Fixed Go Home command in web page
- New dictionary set switcher
- Kana transliteration contextual menu command
- Fixed grapheme drop in kanji page
- Modified grapheme list auto update function
- Fixed EDICT indexing
- Drag and drop in UserDict page
- Fixed enable/disable option for Romaji transcription.
- Fixed search of multiple words in EDICT.
- Fixed access to Japanese sound files.
- Fixed headword mode for JMDICT.
- Restored SKIP index display.
- Multiple UTF8 word-lists can be loaded in JLPT page.
- new layout for word search page
- window toolbar
- improved indexing of EDICT and XDXF files
- EPWING dictionaries support
- sound files support
- edict/kanjidict update from contextual menu
- Contextual menu plugin
- Minor changes in grapheme filter
- Minor changes in word searching
- Adding a word to UserDict without page switching
- Fixed clipboard monitor
- Faster search for XDXF dictionaries (re-indexing is necessary)
- Show kanji contextual menu command is added for text view
- Re-index button
- Multiple dictionary selection
- Copy and find commands for user dictionary
- Radical information now is shown for selected kanji
Userdict can be loaded as JLPT list
Modified <Downloads> view
Dictionaries are sorted by language
Dictionary information column is added
<Install dictionary> command can handle *.tag and *.bz2 archived XDFXF dictionaries
Fixed focus switching in response on pressed arrow key
- Improved indexing of XDXF dictionaries
- Fixed JLPT-4 file
- Fixed clipboard monitor
- Check for update option
- Limitation on number of returned entries
- Re-indexing through contextual menu
- Fixed verb inflection
- Fixed blocked access to EDICT/KANJIDICT
- Universal binary
- Better dictionary installation procedure
- fixed minor bugs
Fixed text view lock in word page after control click (e.g. after copy to userDict command).
- Fixed learned words hiding for random lists in JLPT page.
- Fixed textual representation for some graphemes during drag and drop .
- Improved text output for Japanese entries from EDICT.
- XDXF files support
- MJdic support.
- JLPT - random list scan
- JLPT - hide learned words
- File size limit for examples is removed.
- Contextual menu for kanji cell (copy to pasteboard)
- Contextual menu to open dictionary in JEDict, BBedit and Finder.
- Graphemes and kanji drag-drop
- Search any text dropped on JEDict main window.
- F5 functional key editor mode (temporary disable clipboard monitor single click word selection).
- Fixed font preferences for kanji view.
- Fixed click handling inside text views.
- Encoding selector in Open Panel with auto detect option.
- Different text formats for Save As command (txt, rtf amd html).
- Fixed Japanese encoding conversion procedure
- Font selection for PowerBook is fixed.
- Duplicate lines in JLPT-1 file are removed.
- Word export to UserDict for Wadoku is added.
- 'Save As' command for userdict is fixed.
- Typos in Preferences are fixed.
- View splitters (in web page and kanji page)
- Direct search for small utf8 and EUC-encoded files.
- Resized kanji table (font size change is not implemented yet)
- Handwriting recognition panel is restored.
- "Search word' and 'Add to UserDict' contextual menu commands for text views.
- Stop/reload button added for web view.
- Bookmarks and history menus are added.
- Show/hide bookmarks bar menu command.
- WebView: Clear cache, Private Browsing, BlockPopup commands.
- Web preferences tab in preferences.
- Find panel for WebView.
- Clipboard monitor popup is moved from preferences into word page.
- Bring to front the results of clipboard search option is added.
- 'WebView page' and 'Clipboard Handling' paragraphs are added to manual.
- Separate New commands for three type of document: JEDict, web browser and text document.
- Radical info now is shown together with kanji information.
- Cocoa interface (requires OSX 10.4)
- multiple languages
- new kanji finder
- clipboard monitoring
- JLPT lists
- managed dictionary sets
- internal web browser
- Unicode text editor
- <Search in JEDict> command for Services menu.
- Font size now is applied to all edited text views.
- User defined kanji size for table view.
- Additional options for word searching.
- Verb inflection examples.
- Show <Kana alphabets> option.
- JEDict manual now appears inside Apple Help viewer.
- Kanji finder shows several examples of kanji usage from EDICT dictionary.
- Kanji lists from main Kanji finder view may be saved as text file.
- Load command inside Kanji page shows all kanji from any text file.
- Drag and drop support for individual kanji inside Kanji finder view.
- Drag feature and copy command for user dictionary lines.
- Pasted or dropped unicode text is accepted.
- Example sentences support.
- Fixed Haig index.
- Fixed paste command for text page.
- Inline input on/off check box.
- New UserDict layout with separate kanji, kana, translation and comment fields.
- In OSX, plug-in now will reside in ~Library/Contextual Menu Items/ folder. This will fix writing permission problem and prevents another users to use JEDict CM plug-in.
- New Special menu containing Find and Find Again commands. These commands search for match in any text view.
- AND logic option for word search. Use & symbol to find entries containing two words simultaneously (e.g. word1 & word2 ).
- JEDict application now is distributed as package. However it is still Classic Carbon application.
- Disclosure triangle in Kanji view is back
- Fixed startup crash when access to Contextual Menu Items folder in denied in OSX.
Now when JEDict finds write-protected 'Contextual Menu Items' folder, it displays a message and by-passes plug-in installation/removal. If you want to install plug-in, you need manually enable writing permission. Select Ownership&Permissions option in Get Info panel for /Library/Contextual Menu Items folder, and turn on read/write privilege for owner.
- Plugin install/uninstall function.
- Faster plugin search.
- Plugin can search for hiragana.
- Shortcuts for page switching.
Improved OSX compatibily.
Additional searching options.
Fixed vertical centering of kanji character inside drawing frame.
Support for Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar".
Contextual menu support.
Fixed occasional crashes in multilanguage environment.
Stroke drawing order information for most-used kanji.
Shorcut for alternative search in ENAMDICT and J_PLACES.
Searching in Eijiro files.
Navigation through recent kanji lists.
Scroll wheel support (MacOS X)
Improved search result presentation.
Fixed sluggish search happened accidentally in ver.3.2.
Other minor bugs fixed.
- New page with user dictionary.
- Export of dictionary entries to user dictionary.
- Iterative search for sentence components.
- New HTML based manual.
- New icon designed by Max Pinton. Thanks Max.
- Improved OS X appearance.
- Fixed wrong kanji code sent from kanji view to search engine on double click.
- Fixed folder name bug - a failure to open dictionary file when one of outer folders contains in name non-English characters.
- Mac OSX compatible
- Support for recent changes in dictionary database: marked speech parts and selection of commonly-used words
- Different sorting criteria for kanji lists
- Dictionary selector is moved into JEDict fifth page
- Text size in Search page is selectable
- Each kanji in the table is depicted with stroke count (optionally)
- Smaller index files and shorter dictionary registering time.
- Improved dictionary search.
- More dictionaries supported. Dictionary version information is shown in JEDict Info window.
- Offscreen drawing to reduce image flicker when screen is updated.
- Generic stroke grapheme standing for any grapheme with given stroke counter.
- User-defined starting page.
- Fixed font selection option.
- Fixed wrong kanji appearance in large view when running JEDict under OS 9.1
Fixed unexpected exit error when user quit program before dictionary registering is completed.
- JEDict 2.5 contains native PPC code running faster on Power Macintosh.
- Improved kanji graphical classification with 430 graphemes.
- Integrated interface - everything you need inside one window.
- Drag and drop support.
- Expanded dictionary database (registered users ONLY).
- Internal text editor.
- Automatic text conversion into SJIS format (registered users ONLY).
- Improved search inside dictionaries.